- Spring Branch ISD Building Owner
- PBK Engineers MEP Engineer
- TX Lonestar Mechanical Contractor
- Gamma Construction General Contractor
- PBK Architects, Inc Architect
Spring Branch ISD (SBISD) Wilchester Elementary School, a Texas Monthly "Best Public Schools in Texas", strives to provide a top-tier learning environment for both their students and faculty. During this 2007 bond project, the district wanted to design a facility with high efficiency filtration, proper ventilation, and quiet operating air handling units (AHUs) and chillers. Also, to reduce operating costs, SBISD requested a means for the administration area to operate year round without central plant cooling.
HTS Texas assisted the design and construction team with selecting and incorporating a HVAC system that would help control the learning environment for the students at this exemplary ranked school while keeping budget and energy efficiency as high priorities. After analyzing various equipment solutions, the following equipment was selected and installed at Wilchester Elementary:
• 19 Danfoss VLT VFDs totaling 177.50 HP
• 15 McQuay Vision air handling units with quiet, low-leakage cabinets for outstanding indoor air quality totaling 124,640 cfm• 3 McQuay Maverick I high efficiency packaged rooftop units with low leak dampers totaling 34 Tons
• 1- 20 Ton energy efficient, stand-alone Daikin VRV system with individual zone control for the administrators to use during both school operation and summer months• 2 high efficiency, ultra-quiet McQuay Pathfinder air cooled chillers totaling 350 tons
• 1- 1000 cfm Munters HCU for superior humidity control• 5 DX Splits totaling 3,600 cfm
• 1 Condensing Unit• 2 Hot Water Unit Heaters
• 45 Electric Duct Heaters
HTS Texas was able to meet or exceed all of the SBISD requirements, stay within the budget and ultimately provide a top-class learning environment for years to come.