Vertical Stacked Heat Pumps (VSHP) have been growing steadily in popularity in high-rise residential buildings, as they are a more compact and energy-efficient alternative to traditional HVAC systems such as PTACs.
Heat pumps can effectively provide both heating and cooling, making them a versatile option for year-round indoor climate control. At HTS New York, we represent water source vertical stacked heat pumps (VSHP) from Omega.
Omega VSHPs feature outstanding energy efficiency. Their efficient compressor and blower fans, optimized air-coil circuiting, low pressure drop water coaxial coils and many more features work together to achieve or exceed ASHRAE 90.1 standard.
How VSHPs Work
In the case of water source heat pumps, the refrigerant exchanges heat between indoor air and a water loop. Heat pumps work by taking advantage of the fact that heat always flows from warmer to cooler areas. In the summer, a heat pump extracts heat from the air inside of a building and transfers it to the outside air. In the winter, a heat pump does the reverse, extracting heat from the outside air and transferring it to the inside air.
Why Choose Omega Vertical Stacked Heat Pumps
Omega vertical stacked heat pumps are some of the most popular heat pumps on the market with a variety of models, so you can always find the perfect heat pump for your needs. Omega VSHPs are known for outstanding energy efficiency and reliability, and we are proud to be a representative of Omega heat pumps.
Some of the features of Omega heat pumps include:
- Energy-efficient: Efficient compressor and blower fans, optimized air-coil circuiting, low pressure drop water coaxial coils, etc.
- Great serviceability: All components are easily accessible through the front return air panel and slide-out chassis, allowing for quick servicing and maintenance.
- Quiet operation: Designed with multiple noise/vibration attenuation features, so you won’t have to worry about the noise.
- Excellent Reliability: Fire and mould resistant insulation, heavy duty cabinet construction, durable gasketing on chassis, industry leading rotary and scroll compressors and many more.
Other Benefits of Heat Pumps
There are several other benefits of vertical stacked heat pumps:
- It’s a type of system that’s more efficient than traditional HVAC systems, which means they use less energy and cost less to operate.
- Heat pumps can provide both heating and cooling, making them a versatile option for climate control.
- Heat pumps are most effective in moderate climates, but can still be used in extreme weather conditions.
- They tend to require less maintenance than traditional HVAC systems, as they have fewer moving parts.
- Heat pumps can last for many years, with some units lasting for decades.