Seismic Restraint Designer
As a result of ongoing growth and expansion, HTS is looking to expand our Seismic Restraint / Vibration / Architectural Sound team for our Ottawa office. A Seismic Restraint designer is responsible for the pricing, preparation of shop drawings (including calculations) as well as site review of the installation for seismic restraint measures and vibration/isolation products. The successful candidate will demonstrate problem solving, project management and marketing skills. HTS believes in organic growth and has a successful track record of hiring co-op students and new graduates and mentoring them to success. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong work ethic, attention to detail, project management, and organization skills.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide designs, shop drawings, and pricing to our customers in a professional and timely manner for seismic restraint measures and vibration / isolation products.
- Meet with customers on construction sites to review installation.
- Provide support to the company different offices for seismic restraint and vibration / isolation matter.
- Keep informed of current and future building codes and regulations related to seismic restraint to become an industry expert in seismic restraint.
- Become involved in industry associations to further network and promote the HTS brand.
- Graduate of Civil Engineering Technology Program (other disciplines may be considered)
- Project management skills
- AutoCAD skills
- Ability to multi-task while staying focused and organized
- Have the ability to deal with multiple and often conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality of work
- Bilingualism ( French-English) an asset
- HTS Engineering is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada (head office in Canada).
- HTS has many proven years of success and we continue to expand. We recognize talented people, invest in them and expand their roles as they prove themselves
- We have created a friendly, fair and professional environment where employees enjoy their work.
- We take great pride in “delivering real success” to our clients and believe it is only through a fully engaged team of employees that we are able to do this
- We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package
- We value work/life balance
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process