Servicing and analyzing building automation systems at customer facilities. Responsibilities include performing maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, software modifications, database protection, implementing system enhancements, training, and consultation; maintaining relations between the customer and the organization on all technical matters. Compensation is based on skill set and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- An engineering or technical degree and relevant experience in the field or in a related area is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC industry.
- Familiarity with mechanical systems.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in the field.
- Able to use Windows based software tools with programming experience.
- Adept in the use of standard Building Management User Interface features like trending and scheduling.
- Familiar with HVAC and electrical control systems and associated documentation.
- Experience with open protocols like LonWorks and BACnet.
- Knowledge in following product lines/systems is beneficial: Alerton, Tridium/Niagara Framework, Johnson Controls METASYS.
- The ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form to technical and non-technical people.
- Proven customer service and follow-up skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Responsibility as a self-motivated team member, with a passion for technology, and both mentored and independent learning.
- Able to use a ladder and lift loads of 25 lbs.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process.