DDC BAS EMS Control System Designer/Estimator will be responsible for reviewing plans and specifications to come up with a detailed takeoff and proposal. They will also be responsible for using the detailed takeoff to design and create a Visio submittal. This position requires the ability to communicate clearly with customers, mechanical engineers, and fellow employees.
- Dissect project plans and Specifications to design and estimate complex DDC controls systems.
- Use the HTS estimating tool to create a detailed takeoff for new construction and retrofit project.
- Create a proposal for each project that will be turned over to the local branch manager for review along with the estimating tool take off.
- Create project submittals in Microsoft Visio according to detailed project plans and specification.
- Create and submit RFI’s when needed to clear up any scope issues that may arise.
- Maintain a Visio library of engineered drawings and a standard parts list to keep all projects installed by HTS Texas branches typical.
- Coordinate customer training and complete closeout documentation including O&M manuals and record drawings.
- Provide technical support and direction to end-users when applicable. (Both field and phone support)
- 5 years of experience designing HVAC Building Automation Systems using LON and BACnet communication protocols in a Tridium AX Platform.
- 5 years of experience designing Lab Valve Systems using LON and BACnet communication protocols in a Tridium AX Platform.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends when needed.
- Proficient in reading and understanding project plans, specifications and wiring diagrams.
- Both written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- General understanding of IP networks.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5 Yrs. with Tridium R2 and AX, Lonworks and BACnet Control Systems.
Min. Education: High School Diploma and/or Trade School
Certificates/License Required: Niagara AX Certification, valid driver’s license with clean driving history.
Certificates Preferred: Tridium AX and R2, familiar with Siemens Talon, and/or Distech Controls.
Medical, Dental, Vision, L/S Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, and paid vacation and holidays.
HTS holds its employees in high regard and has proven to provide them job security, on-the-job-training, continuing education and promotes cross-training. The result is an employee who has mutual respect for the work of their peers and is challenged to try new skills and expand their qualifications. HTS will provide you with more than a job, the opportunity for a great career.