The Account/Controls Sales Rep will provide clients with outstanding, quality customer service. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to, generating revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closing sales; recommending new products and services.
Only candidates who have current or recent experience successfully selling Building Automation Systems will be considered. This is a rapidly expanding company offering a terrific opportunity for the right individual to grow with them. The company provides a comprehensive benefit and vehicle program.
- Identifies market potential by qualifying accounts
- Initiates sales process by scheduling appointments; making the initial presentation; understanding account requirements
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts
- Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Develop high-level relationships within A/E, Contractor and End-user accounts to win incremental product and service business
The job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive job duties of the position. The Account Manager will follow and perform other instructions and other related duties as set forth by management.
- The ideal candidate will have three-five years of outside sales experience selling Building Automation Systems, DDC Controls, Lighting Controls, and Energy Management Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or similar field
- Credentials including LEED GA/AP, CEM, FE, or PE
- He/she should have a record of successfully achieving or exceeding their sales quota
- The correct candidate for this position will have excellent cold-calling and relationship building skills and can identify and seek out business within new and existing clients
- HVAC, Construction or Service Industry experience required
- Previous experience with sales to Consulting Engineers, Mechanical Contractors, and Owners
- Understanding of Tridium & Distech Controls is preferred
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills
- Listening Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Closing Skills
- Motivation for Sales
- Sales Planning
- Territory Management
- Prospecting Skill
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Strong computer skills specifically in Microsoft Windows 7/10 Professional, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, & Excel
Medical, Dental, Vision, L/S Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, and paid vacation and holidays.
HTS holds its employees in high regard and has proven to provide them job security, on-the-job-training, continuing education and promotes cross-training. The result is an employee who has mutual respect for the work of their peers and is challenged to try new skills and expand their qualifications. HTS will provide you with more than a job, the opportunity for a great career.