BAS Technician will work as part of a team which will be responsible for the installation, start-up, troubleshooting, commissioning and servicing of DDC building automation systems. This position requires the ability to communicate clearly with customers, mechanical contractors, subcontractors, and fellow employees. He or she will independently perform required duties located in an office environment or on a construction job site.
- Diagnose and repair complex direct digital control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of mechanical systems and electronic theory as well as the ability to create and modify program algorithms for multiple systems.
- Communicate with all levels of contracting chain to declare installation schedule, milestone updates, job progress, commissioning, and closeout/acceptance plan.
- Track and forecast labor and material spent on projects assigned and adhere to estimates.
- Manage various suppliers and subcontractors during the construction phase of the project to ensure their adherence to the job schedule.
- Identify potential field changes, communicate changes to customer and project manager, and assist in cost estimates for change orders. Generate and submit extra work orders for non-contracted work done.
- Create control algorithms, download source code to controllers, manage system databases and implement an animated front-end graphical user interface.
- Analyze problems and resolve issues to ensure the complete system functions properly.
- Perform service repairs, adjustments, and calibration on building systems.
- Coordinate and perform customer training and ensure timely completion of project closeout documents
- Provide technical support and direction to end-users and employees when applicable.
- Adhere to HTS Code of Ethics, obey all laws and regulations, and carry out all duties in a moral and virtuous manner.
- Vocational School four-year program or an Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field or equivalent military occupational specialty plus two years of industry experience or five years of experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems in the HVAC industry.
- Some flexibility to work overtime/weekends.
- Proficient in reading wiring diagrams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General understanding of IP networks.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Must be familiar with various hand and power tools.
Min. Yrs. Experience: 2 years of experience with Lonworks and/or BACnet Control Systems
Education: High School Diploma with honorable US Military service and/or Trade School
Certificates/License Required: Valid driver´s license with clean driving history.
Certificates Preferred: Niagara Tridium, familiar with Siemens Talon, and/or Distech Controls.
Medical, Dental, Vision, L/S Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, and paid vacation and holidays.
HTS holds its employees in high regard and has proven to provide them job security, on-the-job-training, continuing education and promotes cross-training. The result is an employee who has mutual respect for the work of their peers and is challenged to try new skills and expand their qualifications. HTS will provide you with more than a job, the opportunity for a great career.