Designer, Controls Group
Short Company Profile: Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 19 offices in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers customers and end users.
Job Description: The HTS Controls Group is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working Designer who will work under the direction of the Engineering Manager and among fellow Designers, Project Managers, Field Technicians and others to produce high-quality engineered shop drawings for our Controls projects.
- Become familiar with project scope by reviewing HTS Bill of Material, drawings, specifications, and other contract documents.
- In accordance with the above documents, create schematic diagrams, panel layouts, I/O wiring diagrams, points lists, sequences of operation, equipment schedules, verification reports, and product datasheets to form a complete controls shop drawing.
- Complete as-built shop drawings at the completion of the project.
- Support Project Managers, Field Technicians, Purchasing, and other departments external to Controls with their requests and questions.
- Responsibilities may be revised to meet business needs of the Controls Group.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Visio, Excel preferred).
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls is preferred.
In agreement with Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act, HTS is committed to provide and maintain a safe work environment for their workers. As such, HTS has implemented a ‘COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Policy’ to reduce the risk of transmission, protect against the COVID-19 hazard, and support the vaccination rate as a critical control measure.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a workplace of diversity and inclusion. HTS encourages applications from all candidates that represent the full range of communities across Canada. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process and thereafter.