Estimator: Vibration, Seismic and Isolation Sales Department
Short Company Profile:
HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices throughout Canada and the US. Our brand promise is one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance.
HTS (Toronto location) is expanding and we are looking for a construction cost estimator to work in our vibration and isolation sales department. This position will focus on the seismic, vibration and isolation area of the commercial and high-rise residential construction industry, i.e. eliminating vibration and noise control in new and existing buildings.
Successful candidate will learn how to select and price products manufactured by the company Kinetics. The following 3 links will give you a description of the equipment
This is an entry-level position and the successful candidate will work directly with a senior mentor.
Candidates who have successfully completed a certified construction estimating program or equivalent are preferred.
- Review construction project drawings and written documents
- Use Bluebeam® computerized estimating software to prepare equipment quantity counts and cost estimates
- Juggle priorities depending on tender timelines
- Work in a team environment
- Work well with technical people (general contractors, engineers, architects, designers)
- Post-secondary education (CET; C.TECH)
- Candidates who have successfully completed a certified construction estimating program or equivalent are preferred.
- Technical background and knowledge are helpful
- Strong verbal, listening and written communication at a variety of levels
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Positive work attitude with a knack for ‘figuring things out’
- Good math abilities
- Scheduling & calendar management skills
- People management skills
- Confident in Word and Excel
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process.