Manager, Financial Reporting
Short Company Profile:
HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada. HTS has recently launched a vibrant new look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation, and maintenance.
Reporting to the Canadian Controller, the Manager, Financial Reporting is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and analysis of all HTS operations and to assist business unit managers in the utilization of this information to manage and improve operations.
- Financial Statement Preparation and Presentation
- Financial statements – quarterly and annual preparation/presentation.
- Management Reports – quarterly and annual preparation/presentation. Distribution to CFO and department heads within 21 days of quarter and year-end.
- Working with the Divisional Controllers, Co-ordination of yearly audit/reviews of all companies including assisting the auditors during the audit process.
- Analysis of department sales and expenses to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner
- Financial Analysis
- Preparation of quarterly management commentary and analysis for the management and financial reports presented to the board by the 28th of the month following the quarter-end.
- Ensure balance sheet and income statement values are accurate and valid by doing monthly reconciliations and reviewing same with the Controllers of each operating company to ensure the validity of the reported financial results.
- Preparation of Key Performance Indicators and commentary for weekly Principal meetings.
- Preparation of Ad Hoc reports for the Controller, CFO, and department heads as required.
- Budgeting and Planning
- Working with the CFO, Company Controllers and individual department heads lead the preparation of the yearly plan.
- Preparation and presentation of the yearly plan to the board.
- Along with the Controllers preparation of monthly and yearly cash flow forecasts based on anticipated company investments and project sales.
- University Degree specializing in accounting or business
- An accounting designation
- Fully computer literate
- Knowledge of accounting policy and procedures (GAAP for Private Enterprises - ASPE)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to interact at all organizational levels
- Good analytical skills
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- HTS Engineering Ltd. has many proven years of success and we continue to expand. We recognize talented people, invest in them, and expand their roles as they prove themselves
- Competitive remuneration (salary plus bonus) and benefits package
- We value work/life balance
- We realize our success is a result of having the best people on our team
- We are located in the Hwy. #400 and Finch area of Toronto
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process.