Junior Estimator – Sheet Metal Division
Short Company Profile:
HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices throughout Canada and the US. Our brand promise is one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance.
Our strong sheet metal division continues to grow, creating more job openings for those seeking secure employment opportunities in a well-established company. We are currently looking for a career-oriented individual to join our Toronto sheet metal estimating division. Successful candidate will work in a welcoming office environment with a team of estimators, focusing on the selection and pricing of various sheet metal associated HVAC products (i.e. fans, silencers, etc.). Full training will be provided.
- Use Bluebeam® computerized estimating software to prepare equipment quantity counts and cost estimates
- Review construction project drawings and written documents
- Assemble and record all pricing elements in our computerized project management system
- Work well with technical people (general contractors, engineers, designers)
- Assist colleagues in selecting the right products to satisfy project-specific needs
- Maintain accurate files showing revisions and status
- Juggle priorities depending on tender timelines
- Work with drawings and documents that may not always be 100% complete
About you: Education/Experience/Skills
- CET or other technical diploma, i.e. mechanical technician or technologist (or similar) is an asset
- We are open to a recent graduate or someone with relevant training
- Experience working within the construction industry is preferred but we value complimentary experience
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- A focused and disciplined worker
- Able to read and understand construction plans
- Positive work attitude with a knack for ‘figuring things out’
- Good math abilities
- Scheduling & calendar management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
PLEASE NOTE: Only resumes with personalized cover letters will be reviewed.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process.