Heat Transfer Solutions (HTS) is one of the largest commercial HVAC manufacturer's representatives in North America. As part of our in-house marketing team, you will have the opportunity to assist in coordinating events and trade shows for our offices around the country.
HTS is currently looking to add a summer marketing intern to join their dynamic marketing team in our Round Rock office. This person will report to our Marketing Manager and assist in the planning of client events and trades shows, as well as marketing and communication efforts for internal and external audiences. This person must be able to work in a faced-paced environment, multitask, and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves. If you like organizing, planning, interacting with people, being creative and working in a role that changes from day to day, then this is the internship for you. Our ideal candidate should display a high level of interest and focus on event planning and management, attention to detail and the ability to balance several projects at once. Relevant experience is a huge plus.
Position requires a high level of oral and written correspondence and the individual must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment. Individual must be comfortable and capable of writing technical content. The marketing intern should expect to work on a high-performing team for a growing company.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Paid; Monday - Friday
Essential Job Functions:
- Website content management
- Trade show and client appreciation event coordination/planning including:
- Assist in the planning of strategic client events
- Assist in the planning and staffing of trade shows
- Assist in budget planning for events and trade shows
- Analyze and upload attendance data into our CRM system
- Research event and promotional vendors in various markets in the US
- Organize and update event calendars and promotional inventory database
- Work on-site at the events assisting the marketing team
- Social Media campaigns
- Graphics development for invites, brochures, advertising, web material, etc
- Writing and editing technical content
- Editing photos for website and marketing material
- Creating processes to improve productivity and the way we do business
- Website development
- Manage numerous content and photo updates
- Video creation, editing, and distribution
- Internal communication
- Currently enrolled undergrad student studying marketing, communication, business, or a related field
- Prefer 2 to 3 years of college classes complete
- Photoshop- Intermediate proficiency
- Photography- Basic to Intermediate proficiency
- HTML Code- Basic to Intermediate proficiency
- MSOffice Word – Intermediate proficiency
- MSOffice Excel – Intermediate proficiency
- MSOffice Outlook – Intermediate to advanced proficiency
- MSOffice PowerPoint – Intermediate proficiency
- Ability to think independently, analyze and resolve problems
- Extremely organized and self-motivated
- Dependable and creative
- Strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and think “outside-the-box”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data entry and computer skills a must
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and work independently
The majority of the work will take place inside in an office setting. There will be opportunities to be on site at events or trade shows. Climate and exposure to the environment will change depending on the venue.
- Ability to lift over 25lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, or have reliable transportation
Travel: 10%. May be required to travel to event venues within Texas. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.