The MECH Estimator will work as part of an existing team that will be responsible for preparing estimates and proposals for all MECH jobs at HTS TX in Austin, Texas. This position requires the ability to communicate clearly with fellow employees. He or she will independently perform required duties located in an office environment.
- Job takeoff - quantifying items from plans, specs, and bid documents
- Selection and pricing of equipment and accessories for the purposes of bid
- Generate technical equipment submittals in accordance with customer requirements
- Preparing proposals for distribution to customers
- Daily updates of project bids and addendum reviews
- Bid coordination between HTS TX departments for multi-department bid bundles
- Update bid item status for bid summary reports
- Coordinate bid timeframes with engineering staff
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively communicate through phone calls and email
The job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive job duties of the position. The Estimator will follow and perform other instructions and other related duties as set forth by management. Must be a self-motivated Team Player.
- Some flexibility to work outside of standard hours if needed
- Occasional out of town training experiences
- Proficient in reading plans and technical specifications
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Effective time management and task-driven with multiple concurrent projects
- Engineering degree or background preferred, not required
- On-screen digital estimation software i.e. Planswift and/or BlueBeam
- Microsoft Office Suite with special emphasis on Excel and Outlook
Medical, Dental, Vision, L/S Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, attractive salary and paid vacation and holidays
HTS holds its employees in high regard and has proven to provide them job security, on-the-job training, continuing education and promotes cross-training. The result is an employee who has mutual respect for the work of their peers and is challenged to try new skills and expand their qualifications. HTS will provide you with more than a job, the opportunity for a great career.