Seismic Restraint, Isolation & Expansion/Compensation Designer
As a result of ongoing growth and expansion, HTS is looking to expand our Seismic Restraint / Vibration / Architectural Sound team for our Ottawa office. A Seismic Restraint, Isolation and Expansion-Compensation (risers) designer is responsible for the preparation of shop drawings, along with calculations, as well as site review of the installation for seismic restraint measures, Expansion-Compensation measures and vibration/isolation products. The successful candidate will demonstrate problem solving, project management and marketing skills.
- Provide designs, and shop drawings to our customers in a professional and timely manner for seismic restraint measures, expansion-compensation measures & vibration / isolation products.
- Meet with customers on construction sites to review installation.
- Provide support to the company different Ontario offices for seismic restraint, expansion-compensation and vibration / isolation matter.
- Keep informed of current and future building codes/regulations related to seismic restraint, isolation and expansion-compensation to become an industry expert in.
- Become involved in industry associations to further network and promote the HTS brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering (other disciplines may be considered)
- Working towards obtaining P.Eng. designation
- Project management skills
- AutoCAD skills
- Ability to multi-task while staying focused and organized
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality of work
- Bilingualism (French-English) an asset
- HTS Engineering is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada (head office in Canada).
- HTS has many proven years of success and we continue to expand. We recognize talented people, invest in them and expand their roles as they prove themselves
- We have created a friendly, fair and professional environment where employees enjoy their work.
- We take great pride in “delivering real success” to our clients and believe it is only through a fully engaged team of employees that we are able to do this
- We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package
- We value work/life balance
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process