This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the provisioning of projects from inception to completion by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist and resolve customer issues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's issue, determining the cause of the problem, providing the best solution, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Works closely with internal and external contacts to resolve issues by means of research, troubleshooting, and escalation to management when needed.
- Accountable for the submission/provisioning/completion of all projects assigned.
- Liaises between clients, vendors, and company employees on all orders submitted.
- Keeps Management informed by interpreting information and making recommendations.
- Maintains work process flows by coordinating requirements with related operational departments and providing resources to business improvement teams.
- Completes special marketing projects as assigned.
- Reviews invoices with customers to facilitate understanding of how services are billed.
- Reviews supplier invoices for accuracy and approves them in a timely fashion.
- Submits product technical data for review and approval.
- Manages submittal/shop drawing process.
- Accurately orders materials in a timely fashion.
- Manages supplier delivery to meet project goals.
- Develops scope documents and interviews subcontractors.
- Manages subcontractor's work to ensure they complete the work on time and on budget.
- Responsible for the project budget.
- This job reports directly to the Director of Operations
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Client Relations - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (S.) from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of inventory software; scheduling software; Microsoft Office Suite software; the internet.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders, and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
- This position requires regular travel within New York City and the surrounding areas.