Sales Associate – Service & Replacement Business
This position is primarily responsible for selling replacement & spare HVAC products & parts and service agreements to businesses and commercial and industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes outbound follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone, e-mail, and personal visits to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Makes sales calls and project follow-ups to customers’ offices and job sites.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers and suppliers.
- Coordinates customer training and provides product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices, and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of suppliers’ production and delivery schedules.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for billing projects using company software in a timely manner.
- Reviews supplier invoices and approves them in a timely manner.
- Prepares reports of business transactions.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into a computer database.
- Investigates and resolves customer and supplier problems with deliveries.
- Travels to and attends trade shows.
- Responsible for establishing sales goals with principals and meeting those goals once set.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Client Relations - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Communication Skills -- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Speaks to co-workers and prospective clients in a respectful, professional manner.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer and supplier needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process; Makes timely decisions that maximize the company’s ability to increase overall sales.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job reports directly to the Director of Operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Spreadsheet software, scheduling software, Microsoft Office Suite software, the Internet, and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. At job sites, employees are often required to climb ladders and must be comfortable with heights. Because the physical demands required at job sites differ from those that are required in other facets of the role and implicate employee safety, reasonable accommodations will differ accordingly.