Seismic Restraint, Isolation & Expansion/Compensation Designer
Short Company Profile:
HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada. HTS has recently launched a vibrant new look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance. HTS’s head office is in Toronto, Ontario and is recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
As a result of ongoing growth and expansion, HTS is looking to expand our Seismic Restraint / Vibration / Architectural Sound team for our Ottawa office. A Seismic Restraint, Isolation and Expansion-Compensation (risers) designer is responsible for the preparation of shop drawings, along with calculations, as well as site review of the installation for seismic restraint measures, Expansion-Compensation measures and vibration/isolation products. The successful candidate will demonstrate problem-solving, project management and marketing skills.
- Provide designs, and shop drawings to our customers in a professional and timely manner for seismic restraint measures, expansion-compensation measures & vibration / isolation products
- Meet with customers on construction sites to review installation
- Keep informed of current and future building codes/regulations related to seismic restraint, isolation and expansion-compensation to become an industry expert in
- Become involved in industry associations to further network and promote the HTS brand
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering (other disciplines may be considered)
- Working towards obtaining P.Eng. designation
- Project management skills
- AutoCAD skills
- Ability to multi-task while staying focused and organized
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality of work
- Bilingualism (French-English) an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive wage with benefits
- A young, dynamic, and challenging work environment
- Opportunities for professional advancement and growth
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process.