Senior Sales Engineer
Short Company Profile: Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 20 locations in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers customers and end users.
Job Description: HTS Chicago is a premier sales representative for several leading manufacturers of HVAC equipment and controls for the Northern Illinois area. These unique systems are applied primarily in critical indoor environments such as research laboratories and hospitals as well as other industrial and commercial buildings. Much focus is on helping improve indoor environments and help build healthier and more sustainable buildings. Want to help?
We are seeking an enterprising individual to develop new opportunities for these unique systems as well as support the growing demand. At HTS we look for high performing individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to work in a rewarding environment.
- Provide thorough and insightful analysis of critical indoor environments.
- Identify, create, and follow up on opportunities and prepare technical and financial solutions that improve safety, comfort, and efficiency while differentiating offerings between competing alternatives.
- Develop positive relationships with suppliers, customers, and contractors.
- Think and act strategically, participate in goal setting, push yourself to learn continuously, and creatively seek ways to add value to your customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering - mechanical, electrical or related discipline.
- Familiarity with HVAC systems, controls, computer and computer networking, consulting, construction, and contracting.
- Have the ability to deal with multiple and often conflicting deadlines.
- Have an entrepreneurial drive and desire to succeed.
- Responsible, self-motivated and dedicated person who can work with minimal supervision in a highly collaborative environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and quality of work.
What’s in it for you:
- Commission based pay - initial draw amount is expected to be in the $50,000 to $80,000 range, no income cap.
- A diverse, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
- 2 weeks training in Boston, MA paid by HTS.
- Additional training at various manufacturers’ locations in addition to on-the-job training working alongside an experienced group.