The Recruiter will achieve staffing objectives for HTS Texas’ Service, Controls and Parts divisions by recruiting and evaluating candidates, advising managers, and conducting and coordinating interviews. The recruiter will help to attract, hire, and retain high-performing employees, while also growing a strong talent pipeline by utilizing various sources. The recruiter will act as a liaison between hiring managers and potential candidates and will report to the recruiting manager.
Location: Houston, TX
Essential Job Functions:
- Partnering with hiring managers and recruiting manager to determine staffing needs.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying the job description and job qualifications.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Coordinates interviews with hiring managers and follows up for status updates.
- Improves organization attractiveness by monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Avoids legal/political challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; and refraining from approaching the employees of our customers.
- Completing reports on employment activity.
- 2+ years of experience in technical recruiting
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Technical recruiting
- Building talent pipeline
- Phone skills
- Interviewing skills
- People skills
- Project management
- Computer skills
- Screening abilities
- Extremely organized and self-motivated
- Must maintain professionalism and be results-driven
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and think “outside-the-box”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to take initiative on hiring needs and work independently
The majority of the work will take place inside in an office setting. There will be opportunities to be on-site at events or trade shows.
- Ability to lift over 25lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Travel: 10%. May be required to travel to event venues within Texas. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.