Short Company Profile HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 19 offices in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers customers and end-users.
Job Description: As a UX/UI Designer at HTS, you will be focused on modernizing our internal application by helping us create an industry-leading user experience for our users and business stakeholders. You will facilitate the discovery and development of design best practices across the organization, and display these through UI components and patterns guidelines within our internal ERP system.
- Consume and understand business, functional, and technical requirements for complex enterprise data-rich web applications.
- Conduct research to develop a thorough understanding of the targeted users, their needs, environment, and behaviours.
- Create and revise user flows, sitemaps and wireframes based on specifications, goals, needs and limitations.
- Develop rapid interactional UX prototypes and verify design assumptions through concept and usability testing.
- Lead design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and approval on designs and documentation.
- Create documentation and contribute to educational programs around systems thinking.
- Work closely and collaborate with product manager, business SMEs, product team and development team on product progression initiatives.
- Provide guidance to team members with advice and techniques that improve their understanding of UI/UX methodologies.
- Ensure consistency with the creation and maintenance of a library of components, interaction models and style guide.
- Continuously advocate for good user experience and design practices within the organization.
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in Influencing cross-functional product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers and adhere to the product vision.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in design or a related field (computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), communication arts, Multimedia Designs, UI/UX Certification etc.)
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience working on complex web projects with medium to large-sized teams.
- Strong UI/UX design portfolio
- Experience in an applied research setting including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Deep understanding of information design/architecture
- Knowledge of UX design processes
- Expertise in design and prototyping tools
- Experience in prototyping and user interviewing
- Possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize many tasks
- Self-starter who enjoys experimenting with ideas and approaches
- A passion for emerging design trends, standard, and technology
Please provide a link to a portfolio of previous work along with your resume.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- UX Design: 3 years (required)
- enterprise application design: 2 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process.