- Platinum LEED Certification Level
- Skanska USA Commercial Development, Inc. Building Owner
- Wylie Consulting Engineers MEP Engineer
- MLN Company Mechanical Contractor
- Skanska USA Building General Contractor
- Kirksey Architecture Architect
HTS Texas supplied energy-efficient HVAC equipment for Skanska Commercial Development's LEED Platinum office building located at 3009 Post Oak Boulevard in Houston, Texas.
"HTS Texas is honored to have our solutions deliver Real Success® for a construction project that is set to earn the USGBC's highest environmental certification," said Kimberly Thompson, director of higher education and laboratory markets for HTS Texas. "We are committed to offering a range of green HVAC solutions that improve air quality, lower a building's carbon footprint and reduce energy costs for building owners."
The HVAC equipment will contribute to achieving eight LEED points for energy-efficiency, which will position 3009 Post Oak to be in the top one percent of buildings in the United States.
"Skanska is committed to sustainability; we strive to reach new levels with each project we take on," said Joel Ambre, director of development for Skanska Commercial Development. "We have designed 3009 Post Oak Boulevard to support tenant success through lower operating costs and improved indoor air quality. We are pleased to have HTS Texas provide us with this industry-leading, green HVAC equipment."
HTS Texas is working with the MLN Company, one of the Southwest's leading, full-line mechanical contractors, to install:
• one 500-ton Daikin water-cooled chiller ,
• one 400-ton Daikin Magnitude® magnetic-bearing water-cooled chiller,
• 13 Daikin Vision™ air-handling units totaling 256,000 cfm,
• one 31,000 cfm SEMCO energy-recovery rooftop unit,
• 21 Danfoss VFDs (variable frequency drives),
• one 8-ton Daikin VRV (variable refrigerant volume) system, and
• HTS Controls.
"To reach the LEED platinum certification goal, this project has very tight energy requirements," said Stan Whitfill, vice-president of construction operations for MLN Company. "HTS Texas provided the most competitive, comprehensive proposal to provide and maintain industry-leading, green HVAC solutions that complement the building's design needs."
The 20-story, 302,000 square foot Skanska project is located in Houston's prestigious Galleria area and was completed in 2013. HTS Texas will provide ongoing maintenance support for the building's energy-efficient HVAC equipment.