No project is too complex or unique for our engineering team to address the issues that affect your HVAC choices. We can help customize your conceptual estimate to improve the accuracy and suitability of the project from the start.
Our proven experience in numerous vertical markets
and expansive technical knowledge of HVAC systems
greatly benefits the early project financing phase and ultimately the quality of the project.
We provide focused energy analysis of various systems relating to upfront costs to give conceptual estimators and owners the tools to make proper decisions about what equipment or system to use in a particular building. Then, we custom design the system and energy required to model each specific application and/or building.
We deliver real advice and real solutions to design and construction teams to get projects completed on time and on budget. We apply our experience in each vertical market with the latest building and energy codes to ensure a practical, accurate estimate. We also have a working library system containing construction costs in cost per square foot for various HVAC systems and building automation controls relating to different building types.
HTS specializes in custom design for both new construction and renovation projects.
For new construction, HTS first meets with the engineer or building owner during the conceptual design phase of the project to determine design criteria and equipment needs. We then sketch or design the required system and identify selections from our suppliers. Consistent follow-up and interaction with the design team and supplier ensure the best possible solution has been designed to meet the project goals.
When replacing an existing unit, we initially meet with the owner or engineer in the field and take measurements to make sure the custom unit we design will fit in the required space. We also make sure we can fully maneuver it into and through the building. We then sketch or design the preferred system to ensure the retrofit reaches the project objectives within the constraints presented.
Additionally, we provide full construction details of the project as AutoCAD drawings, 3-D drawings or even Revit drawings for engineers to use on the mechanical plans – a time-saving contribution to the project and the engineer’s success.
This custom design work augments the general contractor’s work with architects and engineers in the all-important pre-construction phase to ensure owner and occupant satisfaction while minimizing unexpected impacts on the entire job schedule and budget.
HTS engineers continue their hands-on project management to solve problems in the field. Because project management tops the HTS priorities list, we have made tremendous investment in a custom ERP system that tracks every aspect of a project throughout its life and gives peace of mind to all those working for the project’s success.
At HTS, we believe that project management starts at the initial design stage. We work with MEP designers and contractors from the outset to determine the following:
When should the award of our equipment be made?
- When should equipment and/or systems be submitted with shop drawings, electrical information and performance information in order to meet delivery and installation timelines?
- We take a proactive approach to planning a project because we know that general contractors often have to build around our equipment if located in the basement or core of a facility. Therefore, our project managers are at the table from day one – offering equipment and installation expertise to architects, engineers and building owners.
- We also work with design and construction teams to determine the equipment footprint, building accessibility, electrical service, ductwork and piping connections, rigging requirements, rigging plans, and clearances around the equipment for service and maintenance.
- We continually evaluate and examine different HVAC technologies during the design stages to determine how they will impact the overall budget and success of the project. Additionally, our project managers help the design and construction teams select optimal HVAC system products to satisfy owners’ requirements, while completing the project on-time and on budget.
During the bid phase, we work with mechanical contractors to provide accurate proposal or bill-of-material information with up-to-the minute lead-time and delivery information from our suppliers. We also provide project equipment costs in relationship to plans and specifications and provide 75 percent completion of detailed submittals and shop drawings in anticipation of project awards.
Once the client awards the job, our project management team kicks into high gear. We have a strict commitment to our clients to provide fully detailed submittals with an approval process of two weeks or less.
To get submittals through the first time, we provide the following on every piece of equipment:
- Detailed, line-by-line specifications compliance for each piece of equipment we provide on the project (including related sections or component items of our equipment that may be specified elsewhere);
- A set of 2-D and 3-D drawings to help the design and construction teams visualize the equipment in the mechanical room, penthouse, basement, outdoors, etc. This allows the installing contractor to coordinate equipment housekeeping pad dimensions, duct connections and piping connections;
- Equipment and/or system lead-times and delivery dates
- Electrical installation details to help coordinate messaging between contractors with respect to wire-and breaker size requirements for our equipment
- Unit performance specifications so that design engineers can evaluate our work versus design benchmarks;
- And installation, operation, and maintenance manuals to alert the construction team and end-user of installation and service requirements.