Accounts Receivable Collections
Short Company Profile:
HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada. HTS has recently launched a vibrant new look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation, and maintenance.
- Collect balances due including reminder letters, collection calls, and progressive collections steps as needed and within our policies
- Analysis of new account credit applications including credit reports and obtaining trade references
- Be involved with customer credit limits and terms
- Resolve disputed balances or charges including research of account activity
- Promptly address short payments and customer chargebacks
- Document and prepare files for legal action
- Work closely with sales to ensure efficient communication of credit and collection issues
- Maintain active electronic files and notes for current collection efforts
- College or university certification, preferably in the accounting field.
- 1 year accounts receivable experience
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Understand the importance of and are effective in using both soft and hard collection techniques
- Proficient computer skills, with a solid foundation in Excel
- Self-motivated with a good ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organized with a good work ethic
- Self-motivated, professional and service-oriented
- Well organized and able to juggle priorities
- Work well in a team setting
- HTS Engineering Ltd. has many proven years of success and we continue to expand. We recognize talented people, invest in them, and expand their roles as they prove themselves
- Competitive remuneration (salary plus bonus) and benefits package
- We value work/life balance
- We realize our success is a result of having the best people on our team
- We are located in the Hwy. #400 and Finch area of Toronto
In agreement with Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act, HTS is committed to provide and maintain a safe work environment for their workers. As such, HTS has implemented a ‘COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Policy’ to reduce the risk of transmission, protect against the COVID-19 hazard, and support the vaccination rate as a critical control measure.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a workplace of diversity and inclusion. HTS encourages applications from all candidates that represent the full range of communities across Canada. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process and thereafter.