Building Automation Systems (BAS) Technician
- Programming, start-up, troubleshooting, commissioning, and servicing of commercial Building Automation System equipment including on call service as necessary. Respond to after hour’s service calls as needed. Ability to serve the customer safely, efficiently, and effectively with a positive attitude.
- Attend in-house training and formal training, when offered.
- Record time and job information daily. Submit weekly time sheets, no later than Monday 08:00 AM. Maintain accurate paperwork. Maintain valid driving license with a safe driving record.
- Identify and implement BAS energy and performance improvements through verification of designed instrumentation, and sequences of operation with little or no oversight.
- Perform calibration testing, and repairs on conventional and complex, state of the art electronic, electrical, and pneumatic control systems, instruments, meters, and recorders.
- Work on building automation controls and instrumentation related to refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Perform building automation system commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices and completes commissioning documentation.
- Obtain building automation system trend data to identify system improvements.
- Utilize numerous types of pneumatic/electronic test instruments and optimizes controls for chillers and other HVAC equipment.
- Install and service products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Use a variety of hand tools and laptop computers, follow blueprints or engineering specifications, to install, diagnose, repair, and program HVAC equipment.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose, and repair instruments and products at a customer's location.
- Perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepare for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Inspect vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies.
- Maintain a variety of HVAC equipment by inspecting for signs of wear (maladjustment, miscalibration, malfunction and drift).
- Determine parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Document and maintain paperwork for each job.
- Represent company by serving as a direct contact for customers.
- Support HVAC Field Technicians by providing technical assistance and offering guidance.
- Utilize project plans to prioritize and schedule work sequences.
- Provide technical support and training to customers.
Education, Qualifications, and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical/Trade School and/or two (2) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Not only repairs/calibrates individual instruments and controls on a system but must also be able to troubleshoot/fine tune the control system as a whole.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, and programming.
- Certifications in Tridium N4, Distech, and/or Siemens is a plus.
Must be able to handle and lift normal tools of the trade for building automation and automatic temperature control installation and service work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and on occasion lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance. The employee is required to frequently climb and/or work off of step ladders and extension ladders, following safe work practices and wearing required safety gear. The employee is required to frequently access building roofs to commission and service control equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time by a manager, with or without notice.
HTS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by laws.