HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 20 locations in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers, customers and end users.
Founded in 2015 in Toronto, Canada, KORE Solutions is a subsidiary company of HTS and an innovative technology solutions and services provider with a strong focus on the HVAC manufacturer’s representative industry. With a variety of offerings including business intelligence software, help service support, and more, KORE delivers end-to-end solutions that empower our partners and clients to build their successful business.
At KORE, communication and collaboration is our top priority. As a team member, you’ll be working closely with all departments to develop our software, TRAX, and the infrastructure surrounding it. We have a strong teamwork-oriented culture, meaning you’re surrounded by resources who want you to succeed. Your contributions will also have a direct impact. You’ll be providing meaningful change to the company and serve to enhance our processes.
The candidate will work in a dynamic environment engaging all pillars within ' 'KORE's technology team to deliver large-scale initiatives to daily operations and maintenance activities. The Senior Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain an in-depth understanding of the Business' strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills as they will be required to engage the customers/users in understanding the business needs and pain points.
- Design, manage, and conduct walkthrough sessions with client to validate alignment of the proposed solution with requirements and, where applicable, review alternate business solutions
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications for new features
- Understand technical design requirements and specifications
- Maintain and execute expert business knowledge to understand the business issues that drives client adoption
- Maintain requirements traceability to keep tight control over evolving business requirements
- Write and review functional test cases to ensure complete coverage of the solution functionality
- Validate the completeness and accuracy of new features and ensure that they meet the functional and system requirements
- Provide support and defect triage for internal functional and user acceptance testing
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and Product & Development teams
- Document and analyze collated information and data
- Create and maintain training material and deliver solution training to the end user
- Hybrid of remote work and office setting
- Office setting - Open, collaborative office space (may vary by location)
- Fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Reliable access to personal transportation is a requirement
Minimum Required Technical Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge, Education, Training
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, engineering, science or technology field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in related field
- Requirements elicitation, management and communication
- Documenting requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle and project management processes
- Jira Experience (Preferred)
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- Scrum / Agile certification (Preferred)
Minimum Required Behavioural / Soft Skills
- Possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize many tasks
- Self-motivated and takes the initiative
Job Type: Full-time