Junior BAS Technician, Controls Group
Short Company Profile: Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 20 offices in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers customers and end users.
Job Description: Building automation systems (BAS) are a vital part in achieving net zero buildings. These sophisticated systems are necessary to achieve LEED certification and meeting environmental goals. The HTS Controls Group is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working Junior Building Automation System (BAS) Technician who will work under the direction of the Project Manager based in our Ottawa Office.
Under the guidance of the Senior BAS Technician, you will conduct and document job site commissioning of HVAC mechanical systems and their associated BAS for new construction and retrofit projects. You will also be asked to help support our post construction service team for ongoing site maintenance.
- Completes the setup, detailed commissioning and system diagnostics of the BAS from management level to the sensor/actuator level.
- Troubleshoots low voltage electrical, communication wiring, hardware installation and configuration, DDC programming and general system performance issues.
- Keeps Senior BAS Technician and/or Project Manager informed of job progress and issues.
- Submits completed commissioning documentation.
- Adheres to HTS and job site safety standards and procedures.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the BAS system.
- Coordinates work with other job site trades.
- 3 year Controls Systems degree or equivalent education.
- Knowledge of HVAC mechanical and electrical systems.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated learner.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
In agreement with Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act, HTS is committed to provide and maintain a safe work environment for their workers. As such, HTS has implemented a ‘COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Policy’ to reduce the risk of transmission, protect against the COVID-19 hazard, and support the vaccination rate as a critical control measure.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a workplace of diversity and inclusion. HTS encourages applications from all candidates that represent the full range of communities across Canada. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process and thereafter.