This position will focus on the seismic and isolation area of the commercial construction industry, i.e. eliminating vibration and noise control in new and existing buildings.
We are currently looking for career oriented individuals with an interest in future sales opportunities to join our seismic team. This is an entry level position and the successful candidate will work directly with a senior mentor.
- Assist project managers
- Use Bluebeam® computerized estimating software to prepare equipment quantity counts and cost estimates
- Review construction project drawings and written documents
- Assemble and record all pricing elements in our computerized project management system
- Maintain accurate files showing revisions and status
- Juggle priorities depending on tender timelines
- Work with drawings and documents that may not always be 100% complete
- Work well with technical people (general contractors, engineers, architects, designers)
- Assist clients in selecting the right products to satisfy project specific needs
- Order product and coordinate product deliveries to site
- Technical diploma, i.e. mechanical technician or technologist (or similar)
- 2+ years experience working within the construction industry is preferred but we are flexible
- We are open to a recent graduate or someone with relevant experience
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills at a variety of levels
- Detail oriented and organized
- Positive work attitude with a knack for ‘figuring things out’
- Good negotiating skills…or keen to learn
- Good math abilities
- Scheduling & calendar management skills
- People management skills
- Confident in Word and Excel
- HTS Engineering is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada (head office in Canada).
- HTS has many proven years of success and we continue to expand. We recognize talented people, invest in them and expand their roles as they prove themselves
- We have created a friendly, fair and professional environment where employees enjoy their work.
- We take great pride in “delivering real success” to our clients and believe it is only through a fully engaged team of employees that we are able to do this
- We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package
- We value work/life balance
- We are located in the Hwy. #400 and Finch area of Toronto
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process