HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 20 locations in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers, customers and end users.
Founded in 2015 in Toronto, Canada, KORE Solutions is a subsidiary company of HTS and an innovative technology solutions and services provider with a strong focus on the HVAC manufacturer’s representative industry. With a variety of offerings including business intelligence software, help service support, and more, KORE delivers end-to-end solutions that empower our partners and clients to build their successful business.
At KORE, communication and collaboration is our top priority. As a team member, you’ll be working closely with all departments to develop our software, TRAX, and the infrastructure surrounding it. We have a strong teamwork-oriented culture, meaning you’re surrounded by resources who want you to succeed. Your contributions will also have a direct impact. You’ll be providing meaningful change to the company and serve to enhance our processes.
The candidate will work in a dynamic environment engaging all pillars within KORE’s technology team to deliver large-scale initiatives to daily operations and maintenance activities. The Software Tester will play a primary role in implementing and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. The position requires hands-on testing expertise and the ability to take the initiative to develop and evolve our processes. The right candidate will analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to execute the test plan. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills as they will be required to engage the customers/users in understanding the system issues and pain points.
- Provide testing estimates and estimate revisions for costs and resources to appropriate stakeholders.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new project or application to determine its intended functionality.
- Create and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) to determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Conduct all application testing types as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure scheduled testing milestones are complete
- Analyze formal test results to discover and resolve defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Collaborate with business analysts, designers, developers and application owners to test new software programs and applications.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Ensure adherence to the Software Testing strategy, methodology, discipline, and framework.
- Hybrid of remote work and office setting
- Office setting - Open, collaborative office space (may vary by location)
- Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Reliable access to personal transportation is a requirement
Minimum Required Technical Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge, Education, Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related field
- Knowledge of existing Testing best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Working knowledge of the entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
- Jira and TestRail Experience (Preferred)
- Performance Testing
- Automated Testing
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- Scrum / Agile certification (Preferred)
- ISTQB certification (Preferred)
Minimum Required Behavioural / Soft Skills
- Possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize many tasks
- Self-starter who enjoys experimenting with ideas and approaches
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)