Sr. Software Tester
HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 20 locations in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers, customers and end users.
Founded in 2015 in Toronto, Canada, KORE Solutions is a subsidiary company of HTS and an innovative technology solutions and services provider with a strong focus on the HVAC manufacturer’s representative industry. With a variety of offerings including business intelligence software, help service support, and more, KORE delivers end-to-end solutions that empower our partners and clients to build their successful business.
At KORE, communication and collaboration is our top priority. As a team member, you’ll be working closely with all departments to develop our software, TRAX, and the infrastructure surrounding it. We have a strong teamwork-oriented culture, meaning you’re surrounded by resources who want you to succeed. Your contributions will also have a direct impact. You’ll be providing meaningful change to the company and serve to enhance our processes.
The candidate will work in a dynamic environment engaging all KORE’s technology team pillars to deliver large-scale initiatives to daily operations and maintenance activities. The Software Tester (Senior) will play a primary role in planning, implementing, leading and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. The position requires hands-on testing expertise and the ability to take the initiative to develop and evolve our processes. The right candidate will analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to execute the test plan. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills as they will be required to engage the customers/users in understanding the system issues and pain points.
- Develop and ensure adherence to the Software Testing strategy, methodology, discipline, and framework.
- Must excel at creating Test Strategy and Test Plan deliverables.
- Provide testing estimates and estimate revisions for costs and resources to appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage the development and execution of test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Prioritize testing tasks based on project goals and risks and ensure scheduled testing milestones are completed.
- Monitoring all the testing activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis, and identifying improvement areas such as automated testing and agile testing.
- Implement the steps required to improve the processes.
- Ensure timeliness and deliverables are met by coordinating necessary testing resources.
- Report on project status to management against the defined test plan.
- Act as a critical point of contact, providing testing services and coordinating appropriate resources internally and externally.
- Implement quality goals by applying industry best practices and developing new tools and processes.
- Act as an advisor to management and team members and provide expertise on leveraging testing assets and practices across teams.
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and act as a reference for delivery life cycle and testing methodology.
- Hybrid of remote work and office setting
- Office setting - Open, collaborative office space (may vary by location)
- Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Must have a valid passport
Minimum Required Technical Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge, Education, Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in the software quality field as a Lead, in addition to prior hands-on QC experience
- Knowledge of Testing best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Working knowledge of the entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risk-Based Testing
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
- Performance Testing
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- 5+ years Test Automation
- 1+ Cypress (Preferred)
- Jira and TestRail Experience (Preferred)
- Scrum / Agile certification (Preferred)
- ISTQB certification (Preferred)
Minimum Required Behavioural / Soft Skills
- Possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize many tasks
- Self-motivated and takes the initiative
- Able to motivate a team, recognize the right talent and bring the best out of everyone
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)