AWH Series Horizontal Chilled Water/Hot Water/DX (500-10,000 cfm)
Unit is a completely factory assembled, single-piece air handler. Unit includes a fan and coil section with factory installed chilled water or direct expansion coil, preheat or reheat hot water coil position, and a 2” filter section. Field mounted components include a mixing box, 2” or 4” flat filter section and a 2” or 4” (4” for 16 and 20 only) angled filter section.
- Unit Cabinet, Single Wall external parts are fabricated from a minimum of 18 gauge LFQ (lock forming quality) galvanized steel. Post and panel construction allows for large access panels to permit full access to internal components. The structural integrity of the cabinets remain unaffected by the removal of any or all access panels.
- Insulation is a blanket-type made from glass fibers bonded with a thermosetting resin. Insulation shall be 1 inch, one and-one-half pound density providing effective acoustical and thermal control, fire safety, and resistance to air erosion. In addition to a waterbased adhesive, insulation is fastened to cabinet with mechanical fasteners. This insulation meets the requirements of ASTM C 1071, ASTM G 21, ASTM G22, NFPA 90A and UL-181.
- Coils are 1/2 inch staggered tube type construction with seamless copper tubes and headers, and deep corrugated aluminum fins with straight edges. Fins are manufactured with full depth collars, drawn in the fin stock to provide accurate control of fin spacing and completely cover the copper tubes to lengthen coil life. The tubes are mechanically expanded into the fins for a permanent primary to secondary surface bond, assuring maximum heat transfer ef- ficiency. The coils are to be tested at 350 pounds air pressure for operation at 300 PSI gauge working pressure.
- Drain pans are made from an UL94-5V rated, rigid PVC material with a three-way slope for positive drainage. Fan Wheels are double width, double inlet (DWDI), forward curved, centrifugal type. They are statically and dynamically balanced for smooth, quiet operation. The Class I housing is constructed of heavy gauge steel with die-formed inlet cones.
- Motors and Drives: Belt drive motors are standard duty, 1725 RPM, open, drip-proof construction. Single phase and most three phase motors are resilient mount with automatic reset thermal protection. Motor sheaves are variable pitch, cast iron with a splittapered hub.
- Blower and Motor mounting platform is constructed from 12 gauge LFQ (lock forming quality) galvanized steel. Platform is mounted to cabinet support rails with rubber in compression isolators for quiet vibration free operation. Blower exits cabinet through rubber-isolated frame.
- Filter Section includes 2” pleated Merv 7 disposable type fiberglass filters. The 2” filter section is an integral part of the cabinet with easy tool free access.
ASHW/ASVW Series Hydronic AHU (8000-8,000 cfm)
First Co. commercial – duty ASHW/ASVW chilled or hot water blower coil units are designed for installation within the conditioned area or as remote units with duct systems. Standard 4 row coils can be used for cooling or heating.These air handlers are compact, with large removable panels for installation and ease of service. Separate ﬁlter panels are provided on both sides of unit.Op-tional accessories include 6 row cooling coils, hot water coils, various motor options, mixing boxes, motor starters, and discharge plenums. All models feature positive slope drain pans.Standard models are available in 8 popular sizes – 800 through 8000 nominal CFM (2 through 20 tons).
All standard models are ETL listed and rated in accordance with ARI Standard 430
- Cabinet fully insulated – 3/4 inch.
- Embossed galvanized cabinet on 24-240MB.
- Crank arms and linkage rod for damper connection are furnished. Connections can be made on either side of mixing boxes. The balance of necessary linkage hardware, damper motor, and controls to be ﬁeld supplied.
- Dampers can be positioned for either rear/top or rear/bottom locations.
- 1” duct ﬂanges provided on damper openings.
- Dampers have air seals on the edges for positive closing. 24-90MB have single horizontal damper blades. 120-240MB have double horizontal damper blades.
- When used with water coil units, a “freezestat” must be installed to prevent coil damage caused by low ambient conditions.