The Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Plus is an angle pattern straightening fitting that enables the pumping system to function at the most optimum performance parameters. It conditions the flow into the pump suction to ensure the highest pump efficiency retention.
The Suction Diffuser Plus includes our Flow Cone (patent pending), designed to eliminate the recirculation zones that develop in most suction diffuser designs available on the market today. These recirculation zones can lead to the increased pressure drop across the suction diffuser and a high degree of variance in the velocity profile as the flow enters the pump suction. The Flow Cone now directs the flow completely out of the Suction Diffuser and into the pump suction, providing a more uniform velocity profile that reduces uneven stress on the pump impeller and shaft. As a result pump efficiency is more effectively retained, pumping system energy costs are reduced, and the life of the pump is extended.
Features and Benefits
- Flow Cone (patent pending) eliminates recirculation zones, directing flow toward the pump, improving flow conditioning, and maximizing pump efficiency retention
- Space-saving elbow design facilitates a close transition between return piping and pumps suction, eliminating the need for straight lengths of pipe and separate long radius elbows or reducing elbows.
- Full-Length straightening vanes assure uniform flow pattern for pump inlet
- Large diameter orifice cylinder prevents debris from entering pump suction while maintaining the low-pressure drop
- Fine mesh throwaway start-up strainer assures a cleaner, more trouble-free system.
- Optional pressure/temperature ports permit checking of system conditions and verification of start-up strainer presence.
- Completely removable internals for fast and easy maintenance.
- Choice of carbon steel or stainless steel internals.
- Wide size range from 2”x1½” to 10”x10”
- Common installation dimensions compared to previous B&G designs making retrofits easy
- Easily removable end cap with reusable o-ring
- Plug/Blowdown connection permits routine maintenance