State of the art carbon matrix technology gives Versacomb panels many superior advantages over pellet based systems. Versacomb carbon systems remove target contaminants without the energy cost penalty, supplying purified air more efficiently.
Dynamic Activated Carbon Matrix systems can be used in:
- Specialty Applications: such as museums, archives, hospitals, labs, manufacturing, embassies.
- Problem Applications: to address issues such as entrainment of kitchen fumes or engine exhaust fumes.
- General Applications: cleaning the air of gas-phase contaminants in commercial buildings or for reduced outdoor air applications.
- Industrial Applications: including pulp and paper, petrochemical plants and refineries, as well as municipal and private wastewater treatment plants.
Carbon effectiveness and longevity are functions of weight and contact time. More weight means more capacity for odor removal and longer service life. One gram of activated carbon has 10,000 square feet of internal surface area. One pound of activated carbon has a surface area equal to about 125 acres. Based on the contaminants of concern and their concentration levels, the media life for Dynamic Activated Carbon Matrix is predictable. In addition, the media can be engineered on a job-by-job basis to meet specific performance requirements such as static pressure drop, maximum face velocity, and residence time. Common target contaminants include VOCs, Hydrocarbons, Hydrogen Sulfide, Chlorine, Sulfur Dioxide, Chlorine Dioxide, and other acid gases and odors.
Dynamic Activated Carbon Matrix is engineered to deliver an 80.0% to 90.0% upstream/downstream removal.
- Density – 26.6 lb/ft3
- Crush Strength – 600 psi minimum
- Dust-free under normal operation
- Hydrogen Sulfide – 40% by weight
- Sulfur Dioxide – 4% by weight
- Xylene – 13% by weight
- Toluene – 9% by weight