This leisure facility is “what every complete community needs”, as described by Mayor Doug White. It is complete with 2 NHL sized ice rinks, a pool complex, a double gymnasium and community service spaces. The twin ice rinks have seating for up to 1200 people. The pool complex has an eight lane competition pool with seating for 100 spectators, therapy pool, and a leisure pool with a water slide. The ice rink has a cutting edge Haakon desiccant unit which has half the energy cost of a traditional design. The building is currently applying for LEED Gold certification. The Architect is Salter Pilon Architecture Inc/ Lett Architects Inc and the Mechanical Consultant is SMITH + ANDERSEN Consulting Engineers.
HTS supplied all the main HVAC equipment including:
• Haakon Custom Air Handling Units
• Daikin McQuay Roof Pak Units, Coils, Vision Air Handler, and Variable Refrigerant Volume System
• Aaon RN Unit
• Danfoss Variable Frequency Drives
• Xylem Pumps, Expansion Tanks, and Heat Exchanger
• RefPlus Water Cooled Condensing Unit